McKay was baptized Saturday September 4, 2010 by his Dad. Wearing the famous "traveling white pants" which all of his big boy cousins have worn. He was baptized with his best buddy, Anthony Black. They have known each other since they were three years old. "True friends make living the gospel easy". It was a beautiful sunny day to be surrounded by wonderful family and friends. McKay woke up to breakfast in bed, loving made by his sisters and jumped out of bed to follow the footsteps (brand new white socks) leading a pathway into the living room right up to a picture of Christ, the TV - playing a slide show of his baptism pictures and a dirty white sock! It was a fun way to share with McKay how proud I was of him in following Christ's footsteps into the waters of baptism. I explained that the stained dirty sock represented him prior to baptism and how the clean white sock would be him after baptism and with the amazing gift of repentance he can always remain clean and pure. Eight years old is the magical age of "accountability" with such a huge decision to make in following Christ's example. I am thankful he now has the Gift of the Holy Ghost to lead and guide him in all of life's challenges and decisions.
Best Mommy moment of the entire day was anxiously waiting for him to change out of his wet bapti
sm clothes, finally he walked into the room looking ever so handsome and sharp in his gray suit, wet spiky hair and a HUGE GRIN from ear to ear!!! He came right over to me, gave me a great big hug, sat on my lap and waited until it was time for his Confirmation. It was all I could do to keep myself from rocking my baby boy in my arms - no longer even a little boy - he looked just like a little man and had just made the most important decision in his life: to be Baptized a Member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am so proud of you McKay!!!
Best Mommy moment of the entire day was anxiously waiting for him to change out of his wet bapti







6 comments:
What a fun day! I can't believe that our little ones are growing up! Loved the mommy moment!
Congratulations McKay! What a great day. He's a cute boy Diana, but I absolutely love the pictures of his feet in the water! Love it!
I am so proud of you McKay, always remember the white socks and be greatful and use the gift of repentance. Your pictures are truly priceless
Love, MeMe Sandbox
Those pictures need to be scrapbooked when are you coming to visit me? McKay looked mighty handsome. How did he like his book?
Ditto the foot comment. Loved the picture of McKay's feet in the water. Priceless. What an amazing mom you are to think of such a fun way to start a memorable day. No wonder he gave you such a big hug- your the best. I miss you!!! Wish I could have been there. Please tell McKay he looks sharp and we are so proud of his decision to be baptized.
I can't believe he is 8. Time flies. I miss you guys and I love peeking on your blog too. Thank goodness for blogging.
Post a Comment