P is for Pictures...
Four Days in New York with my Sorority Sisters from College = over 400 pictures. It was fantastic and deserves a post all of it's own. Perhaps tomorrow if time permits.
P is for Parks and Pigs...
Monson played at the Park while I did a practice run for this Saturday... Utah's 1st Dirty Dash 10K Mud Run. http://www.thedirtydash.com/ Call me crazy, but I am totally looking forward to it. Check out the link for the the challenge course map. Below is a silly write up about it:
"Have you ever said to yourself, “Marathons are too easy, and Triathlons are for sissies?” We haven’t either…those races are really hard. Think about it…the first person to run a marathon actually died. HE DIED!...and he probably didn’t even have fun along the way! Well let us introduce you to the new race in town…THE DIRTY DASH. This race puts all other races to shame. The Dirty Dash is where a military boot camp meets your inner five-year-old’s fantasy and subsequently converts boy to man and then…man to swine. You’ll need endurance to trudge up mountains of sludge, courage to overcome uncompromising obstacles, a complete lack of shame to wallow in pits of mud and a smile to show through at the end! So let this 10K obstacle course become your new guilty pleasure. Go solo or with 4 [Kent, Mandy, Nicky and Jim] of your dirtiest, filthiest, & uncouth friends. On either accord…you will be able to look at yourself in the mirror and say “I am a Dirty Dasher!”… and then proceed to clean yourself off.
P is for parenting and my perfect partner...I returned home from NY rejuvenated and ready to jump back into motherhood with both feet. My goal is to settle down and just be in their world, not a hundred miles away in body or mind. McKenna wrote me the sweetest note - it honestly brought a tear to my eye and a lump in my throat. "Dear Mom, I'm so glad you are home. You are the one that keeps love in our home and loves us all the time. Love- Kenna" Earlier in the day I asked the kids if they missed me -they all said yes. I asked how they could tell - Maggie said "my heart just wasn't as happy" and McKenna said "my stomach started to hurt when I would think about you." I am so loved and PROUD to be their mommy! Many thanks and much appreciation to Kent for letting me go to New York. I love my Perfect family!




4 comments:
What perfect looking peaches! What perty looking ladies! I'm excited to see you look piggy after your race Saturday! Good luck! and what precious kids you have! So glad we were able to go off and play for a few days!
We are in the midst of potty training too...love it! Go Monson! I am running in the dirty dash this Saturday too - wave three at 10:40. Let me know and I will be there to cheer you are and share some mud!
So taking a vacation without your children once per month is the secret to getting compliments instead of insults from them? HA!
Great post! Good luck with the potty training!
Post a Comment