rty Dash Race] my mom was sharing with me a BYU Devotional Address about 'how you can tell a person's character by what they choose to do in their free time'. She proceeds to share an analogy between an Eagle and Pig. Both take good care and provide for their young, however once their responsibilities are done the Eagle soars in the heavens while the pig wallows in the mud. This past weekend I was both the PIG and Eagle. So what does that say about my character? I had a riot wallowing in the slime with my muddy buddies. It was a blast! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. After all the fun and games were over and multiple shampooings we spent a wonderful evening soaring in the heavens at the General Relief Society Broadcast. This weekend I plan on spending my free time watching General Conference. However, before all the soaring begins I want to Bask in my glory as a filthy slimy Pig... [Kent*Diana*Mandy*Nicky*Jim]
Running in mud was quite the experience. From the get go, your shoes are caked in mud and you're slip'n and slid'n.
At the very beginning you run through a huge muddy field, mud flinging everywhere, past the snow maker machine which gets you all wet, so all the dust from the trail sticks to you. At mile one you hurdle over multiple hay bails, or in my case - jump up on one foot and jump down. At mile two -you crawl through cement cylinder tunnels. Mile three- try out your fancy footwork through the tires with 5 pound weighted down muddy shoes. Mile four, pull yourself up, actually rely on teammates to help you up and over the wall, all the while trying not to loose your shoe or twist your ankle in the mud pit. My shoes got stuck multiple times. Mile five, cross a freezing irrigation ditch down to the reservoir, wade through very stinky marshlands. Avoid being dunked by teammates:) Mile six, proceed to run back up the mountain to the best event ever, the giant five man slip and slide. We linked arms for the final .2 miles, plunged into the mud pit and crawled/swam our way to a victorious finish. At which time there was no dignity left, just sheer inner childlike behavior shinning through. Perhaps I am off my rocker, but I found it very therapeutic and fun.






7 comments:
That looks AWESOME!!!
Pig, eagle, or hyena?? Good job capturing the day...it was SO fun. Thanks so much for getting it together. I have the bestest friends in the world! I'm still smiling about it and can't wait to do it again!
Oh Diana, you definitely soar with the eagles even when you are playing in the mud! What a great event! Looks like so much fun, it made me smile just imagining you going through it!
You SERIOUSLY rock, friend!! I'm in the middle of making peach dessert as I type, so I'll bring some over tomorrow for your enjoyment. Thx for the peaches, girlie!
-Melissa
Oh I miss you guys.... that's it... I am moving back to be by you because I need some laughs in my life. To funny and pulling off two characters.... only means you are a well rounded person.
Carrie - I'd love you to move home. I'd promise to make you laugh everyday:) Sure miss ya girl.
Di
I've been trying for days to download your pictures. I was able to read the post and I couldn't wait to see the pictures. What fun. I am glad you got to do it. I think my family would love doing something similar. I miss you sis.
Jenn
Post a Comment