I was tagged by a friend so here you go short and sweet... because I really should be cleaning right about NOW.
1- I am very superstitious when it comes to the saying "knock on wood". Call my crazy, but if I don't - I get major anxiety that I just jinks myself. For instance if I am commenting on how nice and smooth things are going, or so far nothing has happened... I always have to 'knock on wood', usually I just knock on my head. Well I guess I didn't knock on wood after my last post about Women's Conference and lets just say this week has been a roller coaster. I truly believe that Satan's strongest tool is discouragement and yesterday he was hitting me hard. So I woke up today with a prayer in my heart and said I'm not letting you (Satan), get me down.. today is going to be a better day. So far so good - knock on wood:) Another superstitious thing I do is make a wish everytime the clock reads 11:11. (Be careful of what you wish for, if you make the same wish long enough it has a werid way of making things happen).
2- I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to go on vacation. I worked for Delta Airlines for ten years (well actually I had the flight beneifts for 10 years but truly only put in about 3 years of labor) during which I became very addicted to the free flight benefits. It is hard having my wings clipped, and not going on our monthly get-a-ways. My favorite vacation spot is anywhere warm and tropical. I enjoy scuba diving, swimming
and dolphins. I'm looking forward to our trip to Grand Caymans this Fall and my 'sisters trip' to Panama.
3- I am the most indecisive person you will meet... especially when it comes to buying shoes and picking out my children's professional pictures.
4- I'm an Army Brat (born raised and trapped) I've lived in Texas, Germany, North Carolina, Colorado and California. I moved every two to four years of my entire life- until now. This summer will mark the longest I have ever lived in one place. I am turning over a new leaf, we built five years ago and I am very much at home and love having roots. I am very content to stay here until the day I die.
5- Both Kent and I graduated from WSU. I have a bachelor's degree in Family Studies and Psychology- which I practice everyday of my life. I love CHOCOLATE, when I need to find my happy place or regain my sanity I rely on chocolate. I love the smell of gasoline, it's a good thing with the price of gas these days. At least I can still find the good as I sit and watch the $$$$ amount roll over higher and higher. (Well that was a very random thought... I guess I will close with that)
I tag anyone who hasn't taken five minutes of inner-self reflection...
1- I am very superstitious when it comes to the saying "knock on wood". Call my crazy, but if I don't - I get major anxiety that I just jinks myself. For instance if I am commenting on how nice and smooth things are going, or so far nothing has happened... I always have to 'knock on wood', usually I just knock on my head. Well I guess I didn't knock on wood after my last post about Women's Conference and lets just say this week has been a roller coaster. I truly believe that Satan's strongest tool is discouragement and yesterday he was hitting me hard. So I woke up today with a prayer in my heart and said I'm not letting you (Satan), get me down.. today is going to be a better day. So far so good - knock on wood:) Another superstitious thing I do is make a wish everytime the clock reads 11:11. (Be careful of what you wish for, if you make the same wish long enough it has a werid way of making things happen).
2- I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to go on vacation. I worked for Delta Airlines for ten years (well actually I had the flight beneifts for 10 years but truly only put in about 3 years of labor) during which I became very addicted to the free flight benefits. It is hard having my wings clipped, and not going on our monthly get-a-ways. My favorite vacation spot is anywhere warm and tropical. I enjoy scuba diving, swimming
3- I am the most indecisive person you will meet... especially when it comes to buying shoes and picking out my children's professional pictures.
4- I'm an Army Brat (born raised and trapped) I've lived in Texas, Germany, North Carolina, Colorado and California. I moved every two to four years of my entire life- until now. This summer will mark the longest I have ever lived in one place. I am turning over a new leaf, we built five years ago and I am very much at home and love having roots. I am very content to stay here until the day I die.
5- Both Kent and I graduated from WSU. I have a bachelor's degree in Family Studies and Psychology- which I practice everyday of my life. I love CHOCOLATE, when I need to find my happy place or regain my sanity I rely on chocolate. I love the smell of gasoline, it's a good thing with the price of gas these days. At least I can still find the good as I sit and watch the $$$$ amount roll over higher and higher. (Well that was a very random thought... I guess I will close with that)
I tag anyone who hasn't taken five minutes of inner-self reflection...




10 comments:
Hey "sweetpea" I love your blog it's my pick me up! I WISH THERE WAS SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY. I'm Glad that I'm your big sis thanks for being some one I look up to. To any one else reading this comment a 6th thing you may not know about Diana is her big sis nicknamed her sweetpea as a little girl. A 7th thing I'm sure you already know this one is Diana has an amazing heart she will do anything for anyone. I love you Di.
thanks, diana! great job, those were really 5 things that i did not know about you...except for i did know the knock on wood thing. fun to read!!!
Very interesting! I knew some of those things about you but it was fun to learn some new ones.
You are awesome! I'm jelous of your upcoming vacations. You deserve it though.
Diana, you'll have to tell me more about this upcoming trip to Panama, my hubby's family has roots down there. We went last March (of '07) and are hoping to go again in Aug. for the temple dedication. It was fun to read more about you!
I am missing your flight benefits also! Oh the good old days! I think the gasoline smell liking is starting to explain a lot about you that I didn't know! Do you have an huffing problem??? Just kidding, knock on wood!!
My little family loves to hear stories about their crazy Aunt Diana. A favorite is when she broke her tail bone by jumping into a bush; she thought she would bounce right back out of it like in the movies. Another great story is Diana hates belly buttons. Just thought I would share some great secrets about my little sis!! Can't wait till our Sister trip to Panama. So your friend "Haley" is coming for the temple dedication in Panama, maybe we could get together and share some more stories about you. Love ya Di.
Just leave it to my sisters to be the silent blog readers and then comment when they can share some dirt on me:) It's true- I absolutely HATE belly buttons and yes, I thought I would bounce out of the bush. My tail bone is still paying for that crazy stunt. It was a double dog dare with my little bro and he would have no part in it. Gee I wonder why? I'm glad you shared your stories they were more interesting than mine. Honestly, it made my day to hear from both my sisters:) Keep your thoughts coming - I miss you both.
Haley, here's hoping you make it for the temple dedication. My sister's husband was asked to be Pres. Monson's driver - pretty cool huh? Sorry sis if that was top secret:)
I must be superstitious too cause I totally do the knock on wood and the 11:11 thing plus many others to think of it.
Those are 5 things that I didn't know for sure. I am a knock on wood person too I completely understand. Thanks for sharing :)
diana-tell your sis thanks for the offer to stay at her place in Panama-that's really nice. My in-laws have a place down there though, so if we make it down we will be staying with them. That's awesome her hubby will be driving pres. Monson around. Where in Panama does she live?
Post a Comment