He fed the 5,000 - We feed our family
He washed his disciples feet - We wash our little children's hands, face and feet
He healed the sick - We care for the the sick
He taught the Be attitudes - we teach our children what He taught
He gathered the little ones around him - So do we
He gave his life for us - we give our lives to our children
He often went unnoticed and unappreciated - does that sounds familiar?
He was about His Fathers business - as we raise our children in the gospel we are doing our Father's will.
He was criticized, could of been more popular and respected by the world by doing other things but he chose to do what was right, his Father's Will. He fulfilled his Divine calling as we must do ours - motherhood.
I loved, loved loved this comparisons. So Happy Post Mother's Day!!! I am thankful for the two amazing moms I have in my life and their example. Already they are leaving a wonderful legacy for me and my children to follow. Because I love and respect them so much each of my girl's middle names are in honor of their incredible Grandma's.
On the left my mom - Donna Marie and McKenna Marie
On the right Kent's mom - Myrtle Eva and Maggie Eva
(unfourtunatly Maggie does not like her middle name she thinks it is Maggie 'Evil' not Eva - hopefully once she learns to read she will realize it is Eva and that we are not calling her Evil)




7 comments:
I'm glad to hear that you had a good Mom's day. It was pretty quite over here, it was a nice day! Thanks for the inspirtional thoughts as well, I always smile when reading your posts.
I saw you commented on Angie's blog about 20 minutes ago... waiting up for your husband? Well I can hear him laughing upstairs with my husband. I think you would call us desperate housewives about now?
I loved that talk and the comparisons. I talked to Ben and he said I should be able to go VT Wednesday but you will have to let me know who we are going to. One of these days I swear I am going to be on the ball and not always have you doing the leg work. You are an inspiration in all you do. At womens conference one of these years I'll probably be listening to you. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.
I love that comparison, too! and I think Maggie's name is beautiful...
Love, love the pics with the Grandmas/namesakes!!! I took Maggie's name off the tag so you didn't feel pressured to do all of yours and so you didn't look like you favored her :) You're the best!
mandy- here's hoping Kent didn't over stay his welcome. I told him he was out pass curfew - But it was sooo good to hear all about them laughing and having a good time:)
Angie-I'm up for the challenge, put Mags back on the tag and send anymore her/my way - I think it's fun I just need to get on the ball and have fun highlighting each of my cuties:) within my self imposed regulated computer time:}
I love the name Eva and it's so great that it is a family name. Yes- it is nice to be reminded of how special motherhood is.
Post a Comment