
I Had a horrible scare with my Dad this morning. To make a long story short- it was just a major miscommunication on my part. However, for a moment my world stopped turning when I received a phone call from my sister, the second I heard her voice I knew something was wrong. She was crying as she said "Diana, Dad's not going to make it ..." I froze, my heart instantly sank -in denial I yelled out "NO"- thoughts came racing through my head - Did I give him a hug and tell him I loved him when I last saw him on Tuesday??? Please just give me one more day to say I love you. It was a horrible feeling I never ever want to experience again. Like I said, it was al

l a misunderstanding, I did get to talk to my Dad and ALL IS WELL, but you better believe that I told him
I LOVE YOU and it was quite the tender moment. May I not have any regrets when it truly is his time to go. Until then may the good times roll. I know it is never easy to say good-bye, no one is ever ready to let go. I think the hardest thing about death is accepting the fact that there will be no more memories to create and we must hold on to the ones we have. Dad, I love you - here's to many more years of creating memories together. Top on my list are all our Daddy Daughter Trips back in the good ole days of free flights -Mall of America, Washington DC, Union Station... all our rock-a-byes in Grandma's over stuffed rocker (yes, my dad still rocks me) and giving you your BEST Birthday Present Ever... our sweet Maggie (she was born on his B-Day). Tonight was her Preschool Graduation. She did a fantastic job. You would of been so proud of her - she was darling.
7 comments:
Maggie is most definately a cutie!
And So glad your dad is okay!
Yeah for Maggie! I sure love her red hair. Glad you were able to talk to your daddy again!
I'm so glad your dad is okay and you got the chance to appriciate the things in life you take most for granted. It's so hard to see our parents getting older.
How scary! I'm glad your Dad was okay!!!
I'm glad everything is ok - I love my little Maggie! She is a beauty queen!!
I'm glad to hear that all is ok. Today I was just thinking that I had not talked to you in a few days and I needed to call. I can only imagine the scare, I would have been exactly the same. Love Maggie's pictures! Graduation is so fun. I need to post on my site but it seems as if the last week or two has gotten away from me.
Maggie's hair is beautiful!
Post a Comment