Not looking forward to waking up and facing this mess in the morning. However, the dirty deed must be done. Wish me luck. This is my laundry room and you're probably asking, why the heck is she posting this picture??? So let me explain... I am just keepin' this whole blogging thing real - I was reading over a few comments and although I was truly honored that some of you think so highly of me I have you all fooled, but thanks for the encouragement. One comment read, I don't know how you do it all? Well, as you can clearly see- I don't. My laundry room and I have a love/hate relationship. It is my best friend, because it is right off my kitchen and garage which makes for a very convenient place to just drop/hide anything and everything - you know the catch all spot. All week it's been on my to do list, however because of it's lovely door it is easy to just shut and walk away- tending to more pressing things, while the mess just piles up. Tuesday I thought I was pretty clever when I hung this sign [please do not open/No Peeking] on the door. It was my intention that Kent would come home and abide by my warning, not to open the door. I wanted him to think "Wow, my wife's amazing! She's working on my Father's Day gift and I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise by peeking":). Wishful thinking!! Thus buying me one more day of not having to tackle the mess. Well no such luck. He just laughed at my pathetic attempt to try and hide my shame. Hey, we all have skeletons in our closets, mine just happen to fill an entire laundry room. But to my defense, half the mess was from pulling out all my scrap material for Kenna and I to make curtains for the clubhouse. Well now that I have gone against one of my favorite philosophies in life:"Don't hang out your dirty laundry for all the world to see" I've gone and done it. The sign is still hanging on my laundry room and it cracks me up, having a sense of humor is what gets me through the crazy days. At least I still have the kids fooled. Kenna keeps trying to peek, in hopes of seeing something fun for her. How am I suppose to enforce having the kids keep their rooms clean when I'm not much of a good example? Oh well, as my good friend Becky always says - Just keep on -keepin' On. Tomorrow's Another Day. Sad but true, I could of had my laundry room cleaned in the time I sat down to write this post. But it was good just to sit down and take a breather.
2 weeks ago




9 comments:
hmmm...I have a room like that! I really appreciate this post, Diana, especially this morning. I am sitting here wrapped in a blanket in my pj's after getting the girls off to school, wondering whether I will do anything at all today or just sit here and relax the day away. It is friday, after all! I know some day I'll be "in the mood" to accomplish stuff! Keep on keepin' on! (Yay, I'm quoted in your post)
p.s. (as if that comment wasn't long enough) you better post a picture when you get it cleaned...equally inspiring!
I am so glad you posted this. Laundry is my least favorite job to do. I would rather do anything else. It is nice to see I am not alone in avoiding that room.
Yeah!!! I've finally seen Diana's house less than perfectly clean! (wink, wink!!) This makes me feel much better about my fabulous, glorious mess I call my house--particularly MY laundry room.
You're still gold in my eyes, girl. It's just good to know that you're still human with the rest of us!
Oh, if only it were JUST the laundry room that looked like that in my house!
Diana, I use photoscape for my picture layouts. You can google photoscape and it is a free software download.
That is so funny. I hate laundry too. Hey have you heard from any of the other girls? Do you know if Mona or Alexa or Amy have blogs. I want to see how they are doing.
Hey! I want to see you clubhouse curtains! How fun.
ok this is my favorite post in the whole world! I love people who "keep it real" on the blogs. Makes me feel normal. My laundry room looks exactly the same except the walls don't even have drywall on them. Great job girlfriend :)
Post a Comment