Monday, May 19, 2008

On The Go

Living Life on the Go and lovin' the experience. Everyday brings a new adventure for the good and the bad. Just returned from a LONG walk with the kids [actually the kids are now all in bed, but when I frist sat down to write this I was just returning] Let me clarify - not so long in distance but long in time. Weather and schedule permitting, I like to push Maggie and Monson in the stroller to go pick McKay up from school, only 1 mile away, then McKay rides his scooter home. I love it. I feel like I am multi-tasking getting a little exercise, saving gas and spending time with the kids. Well today Maggie wanted to ride her bike. I thought we left in plenty of time - Wrong. I'd forgotten there is nothing fast about my sweet Maggie. She is the official lallygagger. Each time I looked at my watch I could feel my patience level decreasing - "hurry up, lets go, we're going to be late", nothing I said phased her. She happily continued her little joy ride as my anxiety level quickly increased. When I looked back to find her motionless in a pile of gravel her comment and big smile quickly changed my mood:"Mom, I'm stuck in traffic". Now with a smile on my face I decided OH WELL- enjoy the journey- this moment won't last- in no time her training wheels will be off and I'll want time to slow down. So I took a big breather and just enjoyed the view...curly red hair under a pink helmet, yellow sun dress, training wheels and all. Needless to say we were a few minutes late picking up McKay. Since we were moving so slow I had plenty of time to contemplate this post and thought it would be fun to share through pictures some of last weeks adventures. Everyday we were on the go. Our week looked a little like this...
Monday piano lessons in the morning, house cleaning, T-Ball, FHE
Tuesday The Zoo, sad but true 1st time taking my kids to the Hoogle Zoo - Thanks Bridgette
Hot Date with Kent to the Stake Youth Pioneer Trek Dance
Wednesday Preschool, McKay's kindergarten assessment testing, play date at the park, more T-Ball, V.T., Kent's church meetings
Thursday - Maggie's Field Trip to Dinosaur Park
I love, love, love being a chaperone on all of the kids field trips and am so thankful I get to.
Friday - McKay's Field Trip to Ogden Nature Center & Ever evolving Neighborhood Water Party started off with just two of the kids jumping on the tramp with sprinklers however final head count was at 13 before we called it a night.
Saturday - had the oppurtunity to attend the temple twice in one day which was a first for me, finally took down the Christmas Lights, Grand kid Day, potluck dinner with some good friends
(Gained a better appreciation for men and their typical duties... as of Saturday our Christmas lights were still up so I decided I could take them down and that I did. I am happy to report that there were no casualties to myself or the house. Honestly, I had to keep praying "Heavenly Father please help me get this beast of a ladder in place, (never realized how heavy and awkward extended ladders can be - very happy to report no broken windows:) )H.F. I hope this ladder is locked in place, H.F. please don't let me fall of the roof especially when I'm leaning over to unplug the lights from the corner eaves." The older I get the more afraid of heights I become and making that 1st step back onto the ladder has always freaked me out. If it weren't for my fear of climbing back down the ladder I would of changed my clothes then gotten back up to finish the job, that roof top was way hot and now I understand why Kent wore jeans and gloves when he was a roofer. My hands and booty got burned. I totally have a better appreciation for all the years Kent earned a living as a roofer and all the cold winter days he has spent hanging and taking down Christmas lights.)
Sunday - church, Sunday Widow -hung out with the kids, Seminary Graduation & Ice cream Party, late night chat with Kent
Here we are back to Monday and the adventures start all over again. This past week I really missed not having McKenna on all our outtings. I am excited for summer vacation. The official countdown of school has began only 11 more days.

6 comments:

Sarah B said...

Maggie is such a doll. I could take a chapter from your book about patience. I'm also impressed with your Christmas light efforts..you are brave!

Aleesha said...

I was just looking at your Monson slide show. Good job! He is such a cute baby. Is he always so happy?

Becky A said...

Busy time of year, isn't it? I was cracking up reading about all of your prayers with the ladder! You are so funny. I can't wait to have all the kids home, either! hooray for summer!

GINGER said...

What a fun busy week. I often find myself wanting to hurry, but need to slow down and enjoy like you did. And after all wouldn't life be boring if we didn't have a million things to do.

P.S. We have the countdown to summer going at our house too. I think I am the leader of the pack.

Nicole said...

Diana I honestly don't know how you do all this. You are truly amazing.

Melissa Cheney said...

Hi there long lost friend (who only lives but a few blocks away!!!)

Just got done reading your last 5-6 entries (yes, I've been a bad bloggin' friend and haven't been here in a while). Can I tell you just how cool you are? You seriously inspire me every single time I read your blog or talk to you.

Don't you dare let Satan get you discouraged, girl. You're the one leading the rest of us down the right path--you CAN'T go astray cuz we're all following you!!!

Honestly, you are one of the best examples in my life. Thanks for keeping me focused on the most important things in life.

Luv ya girl!!!

-Melissa