I L
OVE St Patricks Day... I love all the green... I love sleeping in green jammies the night before ... I love serving up a festive breakfast... I love the excitement in the air... I love spreading Leprechaun cheer with my big hat and pot of Gold [each year I do a surprise drop-by into each of the kid's classroom -Kent tells me I am every teacher's worst nightmare - but oh well)... I love the sea of green as you walk through the school halls and look in the classrooms... I love Corn beef and Cabbage with The Kapps.... I love my Irish Red Heads... I love that it's smack dab in the middle of mine and Kent's Birthday. .. and I especially LOVE that the kids get into it just as much as I do. I found this cute note hanging on my garage door "Mom, Kiss Dad he's Irish".
Kent totally deserves to be KISSED. He spoiled me rotten on my birthday. The best birthday present was him taking the entire day off work and spending the whole day with ME. You know how birthdays go, especially as you get older - some are better than others, and some are just any other day. But not this year... it was all about DIANA and I loved it. I woke up early to go swimming then on strict orders crawled back in bed. Kent and the kids served me breakfast in bed then off to school they went. For my birthday I wanted to go running with Kent and check out a few more bike shops. I've been in the market for a road bike, in preparation for my Triathlon, but have been very discouraged with the cost. Kent looked on KSL and found an awesome used bike down in Draper. Now I am a proud owner of a Specialize Dolce Comp. I was/still am as giddy as a little girl, getting her very 1st bike. However the same nerves are there as if I'm taking off the training wheels for the 1st time. I'm excited to go ride, but need to figure out all the gears, sprockets and components. This Sunny Spring weather is beckoning me... Kent and I ran four miles on my birthday. That is the furthest I have ever ran, it just about killed me, but I DID IT. I accomplished my goal: 4 miles on my 34th. I really want to get up to five so that the 5K/3.3 on the day of my race doesn't seems so scary. I had a wonderful birthday. Thanks for all my birthday wishes...
The Namzi's (father and son) are our Home Teachers. They are so good to us. We adore their entire family. They surprised me with a delicious Strawberry and Kiwi Birthday cake. The best part was having them stay, indulge and celebrate.




6 comments:
Heard you had a birthday this week - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Glad to hear it was a good one.
I know this is totally beside the point of your post, but did you really turn 34? Why did I think I was older than you? I don't turn 34 until next January. Ha ha, Grandma!!!
I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday. And way to go on the 4 miles! I'm still working my way there.
Great job on the run and congrats on your new baby! You are gonna tear it up at your triathlon! Keep it up...and the year s will never catch up! Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great one!
You deserve to have a Diana day every year! What a great family you have, and once again you put me to shame. You are such an adorable mom, doing such cute things for your family. I hope you continue to have a fabulous week! Happy Birthday to you and Kent!
So good to hear you had a good birthday! That's what I hoped for! Loves from afar!
Post a Comment