Monday, March 22, 2010

Nice Calves...

So I am in Love with my amazingly fit hubby and my new bike. On his birthday we went on a bike ride and I loved it. (I'm thinking biking, might become my new favorite pass time - I'm counting down the hours until he comes home and we get to go again.) I love being together and I love checking out his Nice Calves. I always knew he had tone legs, however I have never seen those muscles before and I was seriously IMPRESSED. I was totally enjoying the view:) We had the perfect combination, I was riding on my road bike and he was riding his mountain bike, which made us equally matched. (Well, for the 1st half, he has better endurance and was faster the 2nd half) I will be in big trouble when he gets a road bike. For now I'll just enjoy the friendly competition while it last. Happy Birthday Kent!!! We had a good weekend. Friday night we attended the Young Men and Young Women Recognition Dinner and Saturday night we went to ward temple night and out to dinner. My amazing Dad surprised us with the best gift when we called and offered on his own free will to babysit the kids. He spoiled them with a pizza party and movie night. The kids are still talking about how cool Papa was. Sunday night was Bishop's Night. I love the energy, spirit and excitement the youth bring into our home each month as they eagerly attend a mini fireside in our living room. I always look forward to it. This morning I was greeted with another wonderful surprise when a 90 year old Sister in our ward, knocked on the door and offered to do some ironing. [Side note - I HATE to iron so it was a very welcomed yet awkward surprise] She said "I know it was Bishop's Birthday this weekend, I can't do much, but I can iron." Isn't that the sweetest, most compassionate thing you have ever heard? Every time I hug this tiny yet spiritual giant, faithful to the end lady, she holds me tight and says "Bless You". I truly am blessed!!!

5 comments:

Angela said...

wow that picture of that cute sister ironing for "her bishops" birthday made me cry. Even tho that was more of a gift to you. :)How sweet. Our generation just doesn't have that kind of selfless giving. And even tho i can iron i would never think of doing it for another person! I don't have anything to iron at my house...everything goes in the dryer and "hopefully" comes out wrinkle free. Larry buys that kind of church shirt too thank heavens! How cute....and this post made me think of Larry's awesome calves too. He seems to have a little bounce in his step that keeps them fit. I love the pic of the real calves tho. ha ha funny girl you! That is a great gift...i'm going to go on a bike ride with Larry for his b-day in Aug. just some alone time with wind blowing in our hair and I'll be happy he can still ride a bike at 40!

Street Fam said...

Wow!! Sister Fonda is one amazing woman. I LOVE the picture. What a great example.

Glad you guys had a Happy Birthday week!

Susan said...

Wow, just Wow! What an amazing lady to come iron for you! Congrats on your bike, I'm happy you are enjoying it together!

Kim said...

That is so sweet! What a great act of service..just like the widows mite. Still so happy for you about your birthday purchase...enjoy!

Angela said...

What do you mean you are not on facebook? I thought I found you and requested you...come to think of it I don't think you ever accepted. lol
I don't know if I could keep up with you on a bike ride. You have inspired me to want to try a triathalon but I'm not motivated to train much right now. Konra, Savannah C. and I are going to try to start riding bikes soon. I'll call you.