Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are? Yes, Dr Seuss I am very lucky and today I had a few glimpses into just how lucky and blessed I am:


I have a wonderful family.


I am LOVED and a very special anonymous person made my day. Thank you, for the sunshine!
I have very cute nieces and nephews! Maggie, Monson and I had fun driving around in hopes of catching a few cousins at home to share a little Dr. Suess surprise celebration with. I loved reading and snuggling up with them.

The best part of the entire day was seeing the transformation of McKenna. She came home from school a little down trodden and didn't want to talk about it. Her entire countenance was gloomy. Until she put into action the words to the song "Have I Done any Good in the World Today?" It's true when you feel sad, the best thing to do is try and make someone feel glad. I know she warmed my heart and the hearts of two of our dear neighbors. One, a Grandma who was watching her grandson and the other a young expecting mom (due any day) with two little boys at home. With a basket full of Dr. Suess books, animals and wearing the Dr. Suess hat she knocked on their doors and asked if she could read to the kids. She LOVED it!!! It was a win win situation for all involved. The kids were in heaven, the parents enjoyed the break, and I loved seeing the Sparkle in Kenna's eye when she returned home.

Today is gone. Today was fun.

Tomorrow is another one.

Every day,

From here to there,
funny things are everywhere.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I love Dr Seuss Day! Look at all that fun stuff you did! On a side note: how do you get the smell of chlorine off your skin? :)

Anonymous said...

Once again can I tell you, "YOU are the most Awesomest mom in the world."Also I would like to thank whoever the person was that left you your sunshine surprise. You are always giving and I'm glad someone took the time to give back. I know it meant a lot to you. So whomever you are, "Thanks for thinking of my little sister."

Diana said...

Kim: Smell of chlorine - love it, live with it,embrace it :)
Tam: Love ya Sis! Thanks for inspiring with the flower power cupcakes.

Aleesha said...

I loved your Dr. Seuss post. You always do things that I wish I would have done after the fact. So the next time you have this wonderful creative idea, will you tell me before. :)

And I agree with your sister. You deserved that cute little gift of sunshine.

Lois Lane said...

Can I just say that you have the most amazing family traditions? If I ever have kids, I think I'm gonna have you raise them.

Collings Family said...

Loved that note McKenna had with her music from her dad. You ARE a neat family!