Sometimes this blog really drives me crazy, always a nagging thought in the back of my mind ... something cute will happen and I'll think "oh I should post that, or the kids accomplish something incredible and I think I should post that", the list goes on and on... I've countless unfinished entries. I'll sit down and write a quick thought while it is fresh on my mind, yet never seem to get back to it. It sure would be a lot easier to just be DONE with this blog, one less distraction, one less thing to worry about, but then what? I'd miss looking back on their simple every day events. I know, the future 'me' will be very grateful I stuck with it, you see I have a horrible memory. My early childhood memories are few and far between, I hate not being able to remember. My sister can recall exact details and conversations. Not me, for some reason 4th grade is when it starts to stands out. I moved in the middle of my 4th grade year from Colorado to North Carolina. I remember thinking my world had come to an end. Yet four years later the place I hated had become my favorite and all the nameless faces were my best friends. McKenna is now in 4th grade and I wonder what she will remember. This year they are studying Utah History. She has loved all the reenactment days. Her two favorites were The Rendezvous and Pioneer Day.


Thank you Meme Trixi for whipping up such a fun outfit. This just happened to be my favorite day as well - my little girl actually let me braid her hair. I think she made an adorable Indian Maiden, she preferred Squaw.

Pioneer Day seriously impressed me. The kids had such amazing manners. McKenna had forgotten her lunch basket, when I walked into the class room to drop it off the boys tipped their hats and said "Good Morning Mam".

McKenna absolutely adores her teacher, Mrs. Williams. Every morning she wakes up excited for a new day. I am thankful she enjoys schools and was so excited to get into the
Hall of Brains. When she told her daddy of her accomplishments, he said "That's wonderful honey, the only thing I made it into was the
Wall of Shame." Oh course that made her laugh. McKenna and Kent share the same personality. They are both very independant and self motivating. McKenna rarely wants my help and it kills me. However, I know she will be better off for it. I love you Ms. McKenna!
4 comments:
please don't stop blogging! I love reading about you and your amazing family!
You do a great job at keeping up with your blog! Don't quit!
the first line of this entry cracked me up...if its not one thing it'll just be something else. :)
What a fun thing for the kids.
And I agree, keep on bloggin' girl! Although I feel the same way sometimes about my own blog.
Post a Comment