Friday, December 5, 2008

21 Days CLOSER To CHRISTmas

My Personal Christmas Countdown...
I received this book from a good friend as a belated birthday gift in July (thanks MC). I was grateful, enjoyed flipping through the pictures, yet as life goes never sat down to read it. So there is sat on the shelf until Sunday when I came across it while putting out my Christmas decorations. When I glanced at the title – I knew, if I truly wanted to have the best Christmas Ever then I sound take the challenge. I thought why not? The kids are enjoying their little countdowns to Christmas with the traditional advent calendars and chains so I decided this would be a wonderful gift to give to myself and ultimately Christ to whoms Birthday we celebrate. During this very busy, over commercialized holiday season I'm going to take the next 21 days to draw closer to Him. I am on day five and LOVING IT. It is an amazing book. I am excited and committed to making and taking the time to read everyday and do what it invites me to do. Already I have felt his Spirit closer to me. Each day it takes me on a little journey. For example on Day one I read the scripture story of Christ at the Sea of Galilee inviting his disciples to leave their nets and follow him. Fishing was their profession- I was asked to determine what fills my net. What is holding me back from developing a stronger relationship with Christ? Day three, I was encouraged to write my written testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ. As I did my thoughts turned to "The Living Christ"(click to view) a powerful declaration written by the Apostles of the Lord in 2000 which bears witness of the Lord Jesus Christ and summarizes His identity and divine mission. I enjoyed rereading it and add my testimony to theirs.

I am so thankful for Christ’s example, love and forgiveness. I know that he is real. I know that he freely gave his life for me so that I may return home to him some day. The way has been provided I must now do my part. I am thankful for the gift of Eternal Families. I am thankful for His mercy and comfort. It is written of him that 'he was always going about doing good', he performed countless miracles and I know that miracle still happen today. My sincere desire is to live my life so that I can be an instrument in His hands. My happiest and most fulfilling days are when I listen to the whisperings of the Spirit and act on those promptings. I am so thankful for the gift of the Holy Ghost and the gift of the Atonement. I know that I am a Child of God and there is a plan for me. It is my daily prayer that I can rise to the Divinity within as I follow the example of my Elder brother, Jesus Christ.

4 comments:

The Ray Reader said...

You are so amazing, thank you so much!!!

Becky A said...

You are amazing. that sounds like a great book for this time of year!

Jcsamgwallace said...

Diana, you inspire me! Yes we are coming to UT for a couple of weeks. I'll call you when I get there. Too bad you won't have much fun this Friday without us there. :)

GINGER said...

I loved this!!!! Thanks so much for sharing. It is always nice to find new and more way to bring Christ into the holidays.