Thursday, February 26, 2009

Please accept my apology...

This is my public apology to my children for getting onto them for leaving their coats, gloves, back packs, lunch boxes, homework and who knows what else at school. Have you ever walked down the school hallway and seen the over flowing boxes of lost and found items? It drives me crazy - to think there are so many irresponsible kids who obviously do not care that those coats cost their parents some good money. But I am just as guilty... Saturday I left my leather jacket at the Cannery. It took me two days to remember where it was. Once I remember I called and left a message but due to their crazy hours I have not been able to go pick it up. Last night as Kent and I were leaving for New Beginnings he asked if I wanted a jacket? I just said 'no thanks'. Not wanting to admit I lost/left yet another coat. Just in December I left my brown coat at a family party down in Salt Lake. To this day I can not find or remember where I left my gray winter coat. I have looked and re looked in all our parents closets and at the church. Here's hoping it made it's way to the DI where someone who really needs it would love and take care of it. The other day I was getting on one of the kids for forgetting their new coat at school. What a hypocrite I am!! Countless times when I am correcting the kids I will hear Kent say "Okay, Kettle (from the expression "The pot calling the kettle black") The apple doesn't fall far from the tree and every day I am noticing how alike we are for the good and the bad. So please accept my apology. I will try to be more understanding. I am notorious for losing my keys, asking for a take out/home box then leaving it sitting on the restaurant table, buying groceries and leaving at least one bag at the check out stand or under the shopping chart - who am I to be so critical of my cute absent minded kiddo's. I'm sorry. Now I just need to fess up to Kent and ask him to pretty please stop by the Dry Pack and pick up my jacket.

On a side note I just finished this book yesterday and loved it. I love it when the characters come alive, but today I had to remind myself it was just a story and get over the heartache. Jenn, you were just asking about a good book so here you go. I actually thought of you a lot while reading. You are one of the most independent women I know, yet hopelessly devoted:)!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will have to go get the book and find time to read. Thanks for the suggestion and by the way I loved your public apology. Your a good mom. Love ya!

Collings Family said...

That is SO funny Diana! Hope you get it back soon!

Becky A said...

SUCH a good book, I loved your e-mail about it, sorry for blowing the ending for you. But at least you were prepared, I guess. And for the record, it would have come out sooner or later, it was a pretty main event to discuss.
Good luck with your coat issue.

Jcsamgwallace said...

I read that book too and also loved it. I would like to read the sequel. I think all of us moms have those moments when we realize that we're not practicing what we preach. Like Snapping at the kids when they are not talking nicely to each other. And yet, they still love us!

Jenny Kapp said...

Poor Diana~! I hated the day that I realized Elise was just like me and doing the same as me!! Sorry about your broken heart too for Jack! He does make you feel like your bonnet is on backwards!

Diana said...

Ok I totally jinks myself - today Mckay offically lost his new coat. I even took him back to school looked in his classroom, lunchroom, playground, hallways and the lost and found - no such luck. The coat is MIA and of course I had not taken the time to write his name in it:(
Chris, I'm so glad you journeyed into the blogging world again. It makes me happy when I see your name. Becky and Jenny - you crack me up, don't worry my bonnet is back on straight again:)