Monday, March 16, 2009

Post Birthday- Personal Day!

As the Birthday Girl I reserve the right to do whatever I want, It's my party and I'll designate today as a "personal day" if I want to. So let it be known today the 16th day of March is my day, making up for all the lost play time of yesterday, my official Birthday. I love, love, love Birthdays! Age means nothing, I just love having my very own special day. Unfortunately this year I did no counting down or the continuous silly reminders to Kent that it was my B-Day week because it only made me realize it was getting closer to my dreaded talk in church. Yes, that is right can you believe I had to talk on my birthday, during Ward Conference no less? But now that it is all said and done, life is good and I actually enjoyed the opportunity to use my brain. It's been a long time since I've been in a teaching calling or asked to give a talk. My talk was centered around Not letting the things of This world Preoccupy the things of God. Keith K. Hilbig, gave an excellent General Conference Talk Quench Not the Spirit which I referenced a lot. Just glad it is all over and yes, Kent is out of the dog house. I had a wonderful birthday dinner celebration. He made a very yummy Lasagna and invited both sets of parents over. He too had to talk, but still took the time to spoil me. Thanks Babe - but please no repeats for next year.

For my birthday Kent gave me Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 (thanks Kim). I am super excited to check it out and start doing some digital scrap booking. However my 1st project is going to see if I can figure out how to perfect my absolute favorite picture of all time. This priceless picture was taken in Mexico by Kenna girl's request. She had it all planned out, her in her white nightgown and Daddy in his kahi shorts twirling her high above in his arms on the beach. When she was five years old she saw a similar commerical and wanted to reenact it. It was a dream come true! I treasure this pic and have it printed in sepia tones hanging in my kitchen. Now with my new birthday gift I want to erase the hunched over man in the background.


Found these cute pics while looking for the picture of Kenna and Kent.

Oh how I miss my Delta Days... Cabo 2/06

Ok back to my birthday... Hands down my favorite gift came from my mother-in-law, it truly came from the heart. For the past several months she has been working on this amazing quilt. I am honored she gave it to us. We truly will treasure it. I know lots of love and hundreds of hours went into it. She signed the card: "I had so much fun making this quilt for the both of you. Unfortunately it is like me "full of Flaws and Love". (of which I see no flaws only endless hours of love). She is the best and so talented. (Never mind the missing bed skirt, my mom came to the rescue and gave me a matching skirt for my birthday - mom's are the best, now I just need to put it on) Thanks moms and thanks to everyone for being so thoughtful with all my birthday wishes. I loved having all four of my siblings call and leave me a birthday message. I miss you guys.

15 comments:

Jenny Kapp said...

Looks like the birthday was a hit! Love the quilt. That is very nice and I now want one too! I guess I better get sewing??

Anonymous said...

Shoot! I really thought today was your birthday. Well happy post-birthday personal day, and happy birthday yesterday! You deserve it!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Di!

Collings Family said...

Wish I would have known! I would have given you a call birthday girl!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday! Talking in church on your birthday- NOT FAIR! The quilt is beautiful!

Becky A said...

I love birthdays, too. I can't believe you had to speak in church on your big day, though. I'm sure you did an amazing job on that topic, sounds to me like it was meant for you!
Know and love that picture, too. I've always admired it at your house. Can't wait until you delete the hunchback...
and what a beautiful quilt! You must be super loved, girl!
Happy belated!

amanda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANA...I guess better late than never. To be honest, I knew your b-day was in March I just couldnt remember the exact day. Sounds like it was a good one for you. Sorry I missed the actual day.

Heidi said...

Happy Happy Birthday Diana!! What a grand thing to celebrate... I hope you enjoyed your special day, despite the talk, but I'm sure you did great. That might be cause to celebrate ALL WEEK long! :) Lunch soon?

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday!!! I wished I lived closer so I could take you out to lunch.

Kim said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you liked your present form your thoughtful hubby. Can't wait till we can get together and learn/play! And that hunchback is as good as gone! :) Hope you had a great day!

Aleesha said...

You gave an excellent talk! You always bring the spirit with you. I'm glad your birthday and post birthday were good. Happy Birthday! Love ya.

Rebecca said...

I am so sorry I missed your day! I am terrible with dates! Congrats on your "personal day"
Now when are you going to come and take some of my classes dang it! I have a 4 week digi scrapbooking class starting on Thursday! LMK!

Debbie said...

Happy Late Birthday. Steve worked for delta the first 2 years of our marriage. It is terrible to have delta flight benefits, and then to have to go back to the REAL world of having to PAY for air travel. I feel your pain!

GINGER said...

Happy be-lated birthday to you. I LOVE LOVE LOVE those picture on the beach. They are amazing

I use Photoshop all the time, so give me a call if you need any help.

Diana said...

I'm feeling the love, thanks guys:)