Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Something Different

My sister Tammy, the one in Panama [isn't that funny - my sisters are known to my friends by where they live and their husband's occupation.] ...finally caught me at home this morning! I have been running like crazy. In conversation she said she was tried of seeing my "Bucket is full" - what about Disneyland? Everyday she pulls up the good old blog in hopes of seeing some fun Disneyland pictures, she is tried of the bucket. I don't blame her! (So to anyone with her same sediments this quick post is for you.) I got some adorable pictures of the kids having the time of their life at Disneyland and Sea world. We had a great time and I can not wait to post - unfortunately I took 836 pictures to be exact (I know I am camera happy - it drives my in laws crazy) and I haven't had anytime to sort through the pictures- so stay tuned.
Ever since returning from Disneyland, I have been eat, sleeping, drinking.... NARNIA DAYS! Thursday was the big day yet I was at the school everyday last week in preparation for the major event. The entire event was spectacular!!! It is amazing what can be accomplished when parents get involved and give of their time and talents. I worked with some amazing ladies that just ran circles around me. Thanks to everyone who helped out!

You would think after a full week of NARNIA around here, my kids would of had enough. But oh no - it only peeked their interest! McKenna took all her Narnia paraphernalia from Narnia Days and re-decorated her room. Sunday morning I had Queen Susan, King Peter, Queen Lucy and King Edmond running through the house with their imaginations soaring. My favorite was being invited into the girls room to find four thrones lined up on the window sit.

"Down at Cair Paravel there are four thrones, and it's a saying in Narnia time out of mind that when two Sons of Adam and two Daughters of Eve sit in those four thrones, then it will be the end not only of the White Witch's reign but of her life." Seeing the four of them play so perfectly together truly killed this wicked witch - it was sheer delight watching them enjoy being together and include everyone. The Chronicles of Narnia, by CS Lewis are wonderful books. I love the religious undertone in each of them.



I really want to highlight all the adventures of "Narnia Days" through pictures. Perhaps tonight. Last night I attempted, but fell asleep at the computer and didn't wake up until 6am. I miss Kent, not coming and getting me for bed. He has been traveling like crazy.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the new post. I was also getting tired of the bucket post. You better hurry and get caught up on Disneyland and Narnia because I can't wait to see more pictures. I love you and thanks for being willing to meet me half way.

Aleesha said...

That was a nice little teaser. I'm ready for some more pics. I've been meaning to ask you about both those events.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Di, I'm glad you listened to me. You are one amazing mom!! I think your two sons of Adam and your two daughters of Eve are much cuter than the ones from Hollywood. I agree the Narnia series is a must read. I enjoyed reading it to my kids when they were younger. Guess we will have to do it again with Cooper. Love ya.
Tam

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures especially at the thrones of Cair Paraveil. Young Edmond is such a cheese. I miss being there for all of the post Narnia days excitement that was just picking up when I left. I can't wait to be back home with you all tomorrow night. Got a flat tire tonight so it's not all fun and games here.

Love Kent

Kim said...

What a fun time you have been having! Love the little peek at your adventures together. Hope to see you later this week...life gets so crazy huh? Take some time for yourself too girl!

Jenny Kapp said...

Monson's smile in the last picture is so cute! The pictures are cute and love how involved you get in everything! So fun!

Jcsamgwallace said...

What fun! I want to hear more about Disney. I'm interested to know how Monson did. We're planning to go next January, but I'm a little nervous about Gray. I'll have to pick your brain for tips! Love ya!
Chris

The Steffensen's said...

Okay, I used to say there is no such thing as too many pictures, but really, you might have changed my mind! I thought I took a lot. How many pictures does your memory stick hold?

Well, I'll call you around three am just to be sure you are in bed and not sleeping at the computer!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I’ve been checking your blog lately. Looks like you had a ton of fun at Disneyland. What is Narnia days though? What exactly does the school do? It sounds so fun. -Mona