Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Held On A Little Bit Longer

There's a little tune I've sung to McKenna for years. It goes a little something like this:
I remember what you wore
when you walked out the door
on your 1st day of preschool...

In song I proceed to describe her outfit, her shoes, her hair, all the details of that day, right down to her Teddy Bear, Love Bug, who accompanied her on the 1st day of preschool. To this day McKenna still request for me to sing it to her and we both get a little teary eyed. (Below: 3 year old McKenna on her 1st day of preschool Sept 2003)
Today as I was walking Maggie to preschool for the last time I found myself singing this same tune to her:
I remember what you wore
When you walked out the door
On your last day of preschool.
A pretty orange shirt
and a yellow shirt...
Today I took the time to recognize, celebrate, cherish and held on just a little bit longer to her last. I'm really going to miss walking her right around the corner to preschool. Days like today remind me of my favorite children's book Let Me Hold You Longer, last year I posted all about it. I just reread my thoughts and echo all those same emotions, but today I held on just a little bit longer and enjoyed hearing all the adventures of her last. Wow, my baby girl is going to Kindergarten and boy is she excited! I love you Maggie Eva!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wanderful Maggie. We love you and can't believe how fast you are growing up. I wish your Aunt Heather could hold on to you just a little longer.

Anonymous said...

Once again Di, you have brought me to tears. Our kids just grow up too fast. Today is Jacob's 13 birthday. I remember just like yesterday his first birthday. You and Kent bought him the big plastic truck. I wish I could make them stay small forever and then in the same breath I enjoy watching them in their new adventures. Just yesterday Cooper rolled from back to tummy and then from tummy to back!!!

Collings Family said...

Oh my goodness both of those pictures are so cute! Love those little girls!

The Steffensen's said...

I can barely recognize Kenna in that picture. She has changed so much and she was so tiny! What cute girls!

Anonymous said...

Oh were are my sweet little princess's going, growing so fast. I just want to hold them forever. I remember being one of McKenna's and Maggie's favorite people and now I have to always ask for my Kenna Kisses and Maggie Snuggles. I love you girls so much