I'm trying to keep that "Pollyanna attitude" but it's just not reality in this situation. My heart hurts for my big sister who is currently in the trenches of the adoption process. Months ago they were selected by a birth mom, just last Friday- Heather was contacted and invited to be at the hospital when the baby was born. Yesterday, the big day arrived, my sweet sister who was anxiously counting down the days until her baby boy would be in her arms received the devastating news that the birth mom decided to keep the baby. There are no bitter feelings, just a broken heart with heavy arms and empty hands. Adoption is so emotional and hard on all parties involved. I know Heavenly Father is aware of my sisters tender heart and greatest desire to have another baby in her home, but WHY does it have to be so heart wrenching? What is the lesson to be learned? Right about now she feels like 'Pollyanna, when she over heard the news that she was paralyzed and would never be able to walk again. At that moment she could think of nothing to be "Glad" about'. It took the towns people rallying around, expressing their love and appreciation to Pollyanna to finally shed a ray of hope and sunshine on her gloomy day. Thank goodness for my amazing family and the strength and support we offer to each other. WE LOVE YOU Heather! Why do I post all this [Steve, please don't be mad]??? Because my sister is amazing and yes she has fallen down for the moment (who wouldn't have?) , but they are in this adoption process for the long haul. I know their sweet baby will come. Please just keep them in your thoughts and prayers and by chance if you hear of a birth mom who is struggling perhaps mention their name.
[Angie, I am beginning to think you have something with your Blogging Superstition - yesterday I posted such an optimistic post to only have to eat my words that very same day.]
4 days ago




7 comments:
Our hearts ache for you Heather and Steve and all of the family. We can just imagine the roller coaster of emotions you all must be going through during this trial. You know, God will honor your request. You and Steve will one day be blessed with a beautiful healthy baby. We continue to keep you all in our prayers. Rusty and I would love to see some pics of all your families show up on Diana's blog...if your not going to start a blog. We have wonderful memories of seeing you girls grow up and had a great time with your folks. Of course it was fun to meet David but, we didn't get to see him interact with you girls...and that was a real bummer for me. I love looking at Diana's blog and David and Kira's blog too. Diana you are awesome....I love all the fun things you do with the kids and family. I hope yall don't mind me taking my sneak peeks on the "Steffensen's" and beyond the growing family tree. These posts really lift my spirits ....except for this post is a real downer..but I know a precious baby will bless Heather and Steve in time. All our love
Dawn and Rusty Bowman
Di, you are amazing. I love to read your blog. You know exactly how to put things into words. My prayers are with our big sis. I know that there will be a special spirit enter our family; I just hope that it is sooner than later. Heather, I love you. Remember to smile, but also remember it is ok to grieve. Tammy
I could just copy and paste Tam's comments. You said it perfect. These situations make it really hard to not ask why? When they have already suffered so much through infertility. Yet when they hold that babe, this will be just a small bump in the road. Hopefully, like Tammy said, sooner rather then later.
I am so sorry to hear about your sister. Adoption can be heart wrenching. Her baby will come, until then I will be praying for her and for your family. Love you
Thanks for all the love, prayers and support. We love you and we are keeping the faith. It's true our arms are empty and our hearts are hurt but we know that Heavenly Father hurts with us and we take comfort in the loving arm of our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ. We cry with those of you who hug us and share your love and support. Thanks to all. with love Steve and Heather
Heather you are so great! My heart aches for you! Prayers coming your way from the Kapp family!
Some of my friends were talking about this post a few days ago and how their hearts break for your sister. I'm sorry I missed this post! Keeping her family in our prayers.
Post a Comment