Saturday, May 2, 2009

My Bucket is Full

I went to Womens Conference anticipating to have my cup filled - well my cup runneth over and my bucket is full:) In Hilary Weeks (an amazing artist who performed at the evening concert) words: "My bucket is so full, I am going to splash it on everyone around me." So consider yourself warned! I was spiritually feed, recharged, edified and uplifted the past two days. The closing speaker was Elder L. Tom Perry who encouraged us, as LDS women, to be bold but not overbearing in sharing the gospel. Here's hoping you don't mind getting a little wet. I'd really like to write down the key concepts I gained from each presenter, but tonight is not the night. I should be packing for Disneyland. So stay tuned... In short I had a wonderful time attending all the classes with my dear friend, Mandy Poll- 'The hand of an old friend' is priceless. Together we laughed, cried, laughed, cried (so never mind the bags under the eyes) stayed up late and talked the night away. We were like sponges soaking it all in. This was my sixths Womens Conference with no foreseeable end in sight. I love, love, love it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Di,
I am so glad you had a wonderful time at women's conf. One day I wold like to go. Have a great time in Disneyland, and once again tell McKenna, Mema is sorry about missing her performance. I love you all and be safe

Anonymous said...

:) I'm still splashing...I can't wait to post about it, but I'm swimming in YW stuff at the moment. Actually drowning would be a better way to put it... Have fun in Disneyland!

The Steffensen's said...

Be sure to invite us over when you get back. I have to get Allie around Cinnamon before she changes her mind about dogs! She was walking around with a belt (leash) on her big Tigger, who I was informed was Cinnamon. I am so happy that there is hope after all!!! Maybe Allie can play at Mag's again!

We had a great time with Mr. Monts on Thursday. Send him over anytime!

Tons of women on my ward went to women's conference so I've heard a lot about it. Looking forward to next year;)

Kathy said...

ilove your new family picture!!! im glad you had fun at the conference.

GINGER said...

I am envious. Every year I think that I should go, yet it never happens. I can't wait to hear all about it. Really I just want to be you for a few days - Women's Conference and Disneyland, you must be doing something right.

Aleesha said...

I'm glad we ran into each other at Women's Conference. It just wouldn't have been the same not seeing you there.