Sunday, May 31, 2009

Oh Happy Day...

To those of you who've heard my woes ... I found my cell phone! It pays to go to church. Found it this morning while cleaning out my church bag - Hooray! Now if only I could find my camera, it is still M.I.A. I am literally driving myself crazy searching for it. Bless Kent's heart he is just keeping his thoughts to himself. If only his daughter would follow his example. For the past two weeks I've search everywhere, McKenna's sympathy when I ask her for the 100th time, if she's seen it, goes a little like this "You should take better care of your things" (hmm, does that sound familiar?). I am notorious for misplacing things - especially my keys, but never my camera. It hurts! It's like having my right arm cut off. So if anyone has seen a little purple camera, I will love you forever. (While I'm on the missing items rampage - does anyone have an extra red scooter in their garage - Kenna's never found it's way home last summer).

Thanks to my amazing in-laws for taking a major risk and lending me their camera, I was able to capture the highlights of our week:
MAGGIE'S PRESCHOOL GRADUATION:

Listen to Mag's cute little voice as she role plays the Baby Bear in the Three Bears.

(Sorry Miss Trudi for posting this picture w/o permission - but it was too cute to pass up.) Maggie's teacher was ever so clever and made each students a graduation gown out of a garbage bag - just one of the amazingly creative things she always impresses me with. If anyone is looking for an outstanding preschool teacher, cross your fingers and hope her waiting list isn't full, then give me a call and I'll give you all the details. Thanks Miss Trudi, we will miss you!These two cuties are now the exact same age as their Daddys, when they 1st met and became buddies. Here's hoping they stay just as close of friends as Travis and Kent did all growing up.

(On a Graduation side note - I had the opportunity of attending our Stakes Seminary Graduation with Kent tonight. One of the perks of being a Bishop's wife - I loved it. Listening to their strong testimonies gives me hope in the future.)

My poor McKay is suffering from allergies something fierce. Friday afternoon he was playing at a friends house and started having a major allergy attack. By the time he was dropped off his poor eyes were practically swollen shut and he was weesing. Thank goodness for Benadryrl, a quick bath, good Doctor who made time in his already full day, and Allergy drops to flush his eyes out . I'd had enough, it was his 3rd attack this week, so I took him in. Right now we are being proactive and just having him take a Clariton pill every morning. Keep it on board, to hopefully avoid anymore attacks. The weesing is what scared me. They sent us home with an inhaler just in case of an emergency. Here's hoping it never comes out of the box. I feel so bad for him and all allergy sufferers out there. This cute little mural is painted on the Doctor's office wall "Happiness is the Best Medicine". It is so true! Although McKay could hardly see he was still smiling and looking on the bright side of things - "At least I' got a sucker out of this whole deal".
Good thing this guy is a trooper, once the swelling went down, as a family we attended our good friends, one of my young women's Quinceanera and dance the night away. A few people asked if we had beat the poor kid, but it didn't slow him down. He was turning cart wheels and Round offs on the dance floor. For those of you who have not experienced a Quinceanera, it's remarkable.
[A Hisspanic young lady makes her debut at the age of 15 in a rite of passage, similar to an American Sweet Sixteen party, but on a grand scale. Celebrating the girl's transition from childhood to adulthood, making her 15th birthday one of the most important and memorable events on her life. ] The entire event was spectacular, I was honored to be there. This family is the perfect example that blended families can and do work. They were the Brady Bunch family- His/Hers and Ours. But you would never know to look at them. I admire and respect them in sooo many ways. I love this family and am so thankful they share their culture with me. My girls were in heaven watching a real life Princess dance across the floor. I love the confidence this rights of passage instills in the young women. Everyone deserves to be the Bell of the Ball once in a lifetime, most of us just had to wait until our Wedding Day. What a fun tradition.

Looking forward to this week:
Monday: Steffensen's Monthly FHE 7:15pm my house
Tuesday: McKay's Field trip
Wednesday: 1st precamp certification clinic (I'm the camp director)
Thursday: Hopefully catching up on life
Friday: Last day of school, shopping with Kenna & RELAY FOR LIFE
Kent and I joined a team to help raise money for the American Cancer Society. This Friday night we'll be pulling an all nighter up at Weber State as we "Relay for Life". At least one person from our team will be on the track at all times walking or running for the cause. I'd love and appreciate it, if you would please make a donation (Click here) to help me meet my fundraising goal. Cancer is a horrible disease that has touched our lives in so many ways, last year I lost my cousin to breast cancer, currently Kent's Grandma is battling with cancer, and Friday, as a team, we are celebrating the good news of Travis. It feels good to be fighting back in honor and memory of all our loved ones who have struggled with cancer. I'd appreciate your kindness and help. I'm looking forward to a fun filled night.

8 comments:

Aleesha said...

Poor McKay. I use to look like that when I got allergies when I was little.

I'm excited for Relay For Life! I'm so glad you guys joined the team.

Jenny Kapp said...

Maggie is so cute! She will love Kindergarten. Poor McKay! I hope it gets better! Fun post of a lot of updates!

Anonymous said...

I remember when I used to look just like poor McKay. Hope the med. works or he might have to get shots like his aunt tammy. 1 shot twice a week. I started when I was about his age. Try cucumbers for his eyes. It sure made my eyes feel better. Good luck on the race.

Angela said...

I miss you too Diana. And I was going to call you when I saw our pictures in the Mountain Echo for Narnia day. You and Kenna were darling! Thanks for all you did! Seeing that Quinceanara celebration makes me sad. Tierra and her friend were going to have one and celebrate their 15th birthday together last Oct. but it never happened. It is a big ordeal and a lot of work. But i wish we had planned ahead and gone through with it! I feel for you losing your camra! It would make me sick too. Just like not having my comp...and access to my pics. I'm worried and hope Larry can get all my pics saved from it. Hate missing things. 2 weeks ago Parks left his bat at his coach pitch game and we've never seen it since! Wish people would just turn things into the Rec center when found.
I've never had allergies but Larry does and sometimes Hud gets them a little. (like Sunday evening when the wind started blowing) I hope they don't get worse as he ages. It seems fair skinned and light eyed people are more susceptible! Hope to see you around this summer and maybe just maybe Hud and Kenna will have the same teacher next year and we'll be able to volunteer together again!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for McKay suffering with allergies. I love his smile even through it all...I think he was having his own Pollyanna moment! Great Sport. I feel for you Diana and Kent seeing your precious little ones suffer is never fun. Well, I thought I was busy...you have a full fun week ahead...enjoy!lots of love, Dawn and Rusty

Collings Family said...

Oh my goodness, how did I miss this one! Poor little guy! Stupid allergies.
We WILL make it through the last week of school!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Diana! I'll be sure and bring your payment over this afternoon!! Maggie was an adorable baby bear! I'm so sorry about McKay. Allergies are just miserable. Hope he's feeling better now. -Trudi

Angela said...

Hey Diana, call me and let's get together to look over that list of parks you had. :)