Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Here and Now

So it's begun... just like scrap booking...this blog is starting to fall behind...so much I'd like to share so little time...overwhelmed yes...but taking the scrap booking Pros advice- just start with the present and this was our day...
Celebrated McKay's Un-Birthday at school (his birthday is actually August 12th -his teacher assigned all Summer Birthdays their own special day). McKay wanted to give out mechanical pencils rather than treats. We played the guessing game of all his FAVORITES. The pencils were the prizes when you guessed correctly. 21 kids = 21 Favorite things we learned about McKay. Even I did!!! Forever, his favorite color has been yellow, but as of last night when we typed up his "Favorites" list it was Blue and I never knew he had even seen Tom and Jerry - let alone it be his favorite cartoon. Pac Man surprised me too. He is obsessed with Smash Brother Malay. I think he said "PacMan" just because it is the one and only game I will play with him on his game cube. McKay was so cute having everyone guess his favorites. As the kids guessed his teacher would draw it on the whiteboard. I love this little guy!

21 of McKay’s Favorite Things as of May 20, 2009
1. Color: Blue
2. Food: Corn on the cob
3. Cartoon: Tom and Jerry
4. Month: August
5. Holiday: Thanksgiving
6. Toy: Hot Wheels
7. Candy Bar: Granola Bar
8. Sport: Running
9. Thing to do: Play outside
10. Vacation: California
11. Animal: Dog
12. School subject: Math
13. Chore: Putting silverware away
14. Fruit: Watermelon
15. To do with Dad: Launch rockets
16. To do with Mom: Snuggle
17. Movie: Star Wars
18. Dessert: Ice cream
19. Electronic: X-Box 360
20. Game cube game: Pac Man
21. Ride at Disneyland: Splash Mountain


(Disneyland 5/09 Kent, Diana, McKay, Papa Hyer)

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Welcome home from your trip and GREAT pictures. What a fun time your family had. Sweet times in a magical place. And your kids with the four thrones; still can't believe you're a family of six! :) What a busy and wonderful time you're having. Good luck with the busyness and look forward to seeing you next week, 5/30? Take care!

Jenny Kapp said...

Very cute!

Becky A said...

what creative children you have, Diana. that is such a great idea to take a picture of McKay by the white board his teacher drew. I'm kicking myself for not doing the same!

The Steffensen's said...

That's funny I made that comment about scrapbooking, too. Hm, I must be a scrapbooking pro. (We can call that my "hidden" talent). Kay Kay is such a prince and it was fun to see all his favorite things!

Anonymous said...

Hello my little Prince,
I thought that yellow was your's and MeMe Marie's favorite color but it looks like Blue is the color for you and Papa M&M. McKay you are one awesome grandson and you are really one of my favorite things!
Love MeMe Marie