Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bear Lake Get-a-way!

We escaped reality for a few days, snuck up to Bear Lake loving every second of it!!! This time of year Bear Lake is like a ghost town, but it's perfect for Family Bonding, sledding, swimming and playing games in the condo. We taught the kids how to play Yahtzee and the kids got us to play endless rounds 0f Hide-n-seek. I even got breakfast in bed!!! Life is good!

Nothing but the BEST for the Hyer kids. Dad even reserved the pool just for them, at least that's what we told them. We had the pool all to our self on countless occasions. It was fun. All the kids are little fish. Some of our favorite water games are Sharks and Minnows, Colored Eggs, Marco Polo, Tea Parties (going underwater, making crazy faces at each other and see who can stay down the longest) and all sorts of pool races. I better watch out, Kent is seriously improving on his swimming ability. We raced and he gave me a run for my money. We joke that Swimming and birthing babies are the only two things I can do better than Kent and I am not about to give up my Swim Title. Maggie was the one that requested to play hide-n-seek, we all had a good time but Monson was eating it up. This was the 1st time he totally understood the concept. He was a good little hider. I was surprised with how quiet and sneaky he was. Below is a video of McKay tearing it up on the sledding hill.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Looks like a lot of fun. However, too cold for my bones. Your kids are going to love Aunt Tammy's pool.

The Ray Reader said...

We have never done Bear Lake in the Winter, looks like a lot of fun!!

Ben & Mona said...

So fun! I love those weekend getaways!