"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year."
- Charles Dickens, "A Christmas Carol"

"Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Santa Claus."
- Francis Pharcellus Church

•"And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."
- Dr. Seuss


•"There are three stages of a man's life: He believes in Santa Claus, he doesn't believe in Santa Claus, he is Santa Claus."
- Author Unknown

"I hear that in many places something has happened to Christmas; that it is changing from a time of merriment and carefree gaiety to a holiday which is filled with tedium; that many people dread the day and the obligation to give Christmas presents is a nightmare to weary, bored souls; that the children of enlightened parents no longer believe in Santa Claus; that all in all, the effort to be happy and have pleasure makes many honest hearts grow dark with despair instead of beaming with good will and cheerfulness." - Julia Peterkin, A Plantation Christmas (1934)
Our Home Believes!!!
- Charles Dickens, "A Christmas Carol"
"Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Santa Claus."
- Francis Pharcellus Church
•"And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."
- Dr. Seuss
•"There are three stages of a man's life: He believes in Santa Claus, he doesn't believe in Santa Claus, he is Santa Claus."
- Author Unknown
"I hear that in many places something has happened to Christmas; that it is changing from a time of merriment and carefree gaiety to a holiday which is filled with tedium; that many people dread the day and the obligation to give Christmas presents is a nightmare to weary, bored souls; that the children of enlightened parents no longer believe in Santa Claus; that all in all, the effort to be happy and have pleasure makes many honest hearts grow dark with despair instead of beaming with good will and cheerfulness." - Julia Peterkin, A Plantation Christmas (1934)
Our Home Believes!!!




3 comments:
love the pics. so many santas. Cooper has never sat on Santa's lap. In fact I think Ainsley has only sat on Santa's lap twice in her 9 years. I love your Santa quotes. You know how I love Santa.
I did it just for you Birthday Girl!!! We are lucky to have special contentions. Sitting on Santa's lap is still magical for Monson and Maggie. McKay goes for the gift:( and McKenna is starting to think she is too old. I for one will never be too old. I LOVE MY SANTAS!!! Here's an idea, next time you are out lets do 'Christmas in July' (or whatever month you come) I will host and invite Santa to come. I bet he would love a summer vacation from the North Pole. Make sure to bring your camera and snap a ton of cute pics of Cooper.
Sounds like a great idea. You are always coming up with great fun party ideas. Now that I have a new camera I am already for taking some pictures.
Post a Comment