You are the other Mother I received,
The day I wed your son.
And I want to thank you Mom,
For the loving things you've done.
You've given me a gracious Man,
With whom I share my life.
You are his lovely Mother,
And I his lucky Wife.
You used to pat his little head,
And now I hold his hand.
You raised in love a little boy,
And then gave me the Man.
-Author Unknown
Our 1st Christmas together, on a white linen wall hanging, I gave this poem to my mother-in-law. 15 years later, very yellowed, it still hangs in her bedroom. I once told her she could take it down, do to it looking so aged, and she looked at me like I was crazy. She told me she LOVES it. Now more than ever this poem means even more to me. My love for both Myrt and Kent has grown. Especially, now that I am a mom, raising boys of my own. Will their wives truly appreciate who they are, where they came from and know how much I loves them? McKay and Monson are my baby boys but one day I will not be the only women in their life. I pray I have a good relationship with my daughter in law as I do with my amazing mother in law. To me, there are no "in laws". I'm blessed to have two moms that I cherish! Happy Birthday Mom! We love you!




4 comments:
Thank you for sharing that Diana! that's one of my fears of having 3 boys, that my daughter-in-laws will love me!
happy birthday to your sweet "mother" she really did raise a great son.
What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful lady. You are so very lucky to have such a great mother-in-law and to feel no need to add the "in-law" part!!!
By the way, I'm working on getting those pictures from last night uploaded and sent to you...haven't forgotten!
I count that wall hanging as one of my prized posessions. It still warms my heart everytime I read it. I love you Di, you are very special to me. Thanks for the party tonight. It was truly the icing on the cake!!!!
You do have a wonderful mother-in-law! That was a sweet post.
Post a Comment