Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam...


Well my little guy is now in Sunbeams and I'm still in the nursery. I missed him today but I know he is loving being a Sunbeam! Just wish I could be a fly on the wall and see how he is doing. He's so excited to be a "Big Boy" and go to Primary with the big kids! His teachers are AMAZING and sent him home today with his very own Scripture Bag and Book of Mormon. He was so Proud. When he took them out to show his dad, Monson told Kent to say "Wow" and couldn't wait to show him a "really awesome page". Monson is thrilled his copy of the Book of Mormon has pictures.
2011 Primary Theme: I know the Scriptures are True!
The kids came home from primary with darling handouts... just thought I would share the idea: (double click on the picture to enlarge. The golden plates are made out of mini chocolate bars - so cute)

Sunday Humor Side note: McKenna came home from church last Sunday and told me she needed a Triple Combination, she was THE ONLY ONE who didn't have nice scriptures! McKay only must of heard 'combination' and instantly thought "Secret Combinations" he was a bit perplexed and concerned about what McKenna was learning:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diana, I love all your new posts. On a side note Ryan's teachers and our Stake President have encouraged all the children to use a copy of the Book of Mormon like the one Monson's teachers gave him and mark each time the scriptures mention Heavenly Father and Jesus. Ryan loves to see how many times he has hi-lighted each page. It is truly helping him to know that the Book of Mormon is another testiment of Jesus Christ.

Tammy said...

I can't believe your Monson is big enough to be in Nursery. I can't believe that you haven't gotten McKenna her own scriptures? What is up with you guys, the Bishop's daughter and she doesn't have nice scriptures.

Melissa Cheney said...

Weren't those little scripture chocolates THE cutest?? Wonderin' if Diane Stanger made those...