Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Double the Trouble

Kent won, in our friendly competition of being the 1st to wish the other Happy ... whatever the holiday or occasion is. My jovial jokester started bright and early this morning, when I was rudely awaken at 5am with Kent standing at the bedside asking "Did you leave Cinnamon outside last night? Because she is not in the Kennel." I sat straight up in bed, my heart pounding as my mind instantly filled with horrible images of all the messes that would await me throughout the house. I totally fell for it, in a state of panic, I was just about to jump out of bed to find our sneaky pup when he said "April Fools". He totally got me. Oh course I punched his arm, yet I was so relieved that it was only a joke -there was no way I could be upset, even if he did wake me from my very peaceful slumber.
In my own attempt to be funny with the kids a few weeks ago, poor Monson became the victim. We have always stored Cinnamon's Dog food in an empty pretzel container. So when Kent brought home a bag of Coco Puffs, I thought it would be silly to empty them into a matching container. The older kids thought it was funny, pretending to eat dog food. Well for little Monson it was too close for comfort. Monson, seeing the other kids enjoy the cereal decided he would try it too. To his surprise he loved the Coco Puffs and ate everything I set on his tray. Well looks can be deceiving. It never crossed my mind that Monson thought we were feeding Cinnamon the same food. Poor Monson had a Rude awakening the next day when he took a handful of the dog's food and put it in his mouth. He was so perplexed, why does it taste so yummy on my tray and so yucky out of the dog's bowl? He is still trying to figure it out, no longer is it a handful but once in a while I will see him pick up a piece and give it a try. Wondering why the big kids think it taste so good. He no longer will even eat the Coco Puffs. Poor Kiddo, now if I could just get him to stop dumping Cinnamon's food. These two have become pretty good buddies which means Double the Trouble and the mess. Below I posted a cute little video -capturing a tender moment between messes as a reminder to me that perhaps this little doggie is worth it. It will be fun for Monson to look back and see how little he was when Cinnamon joined the family.

3 comments:

Becky A said...

so cute! I love Monson's little squat. He's at a fun age.

Rebecca said...

Visit my blog...I have nominated you for somethin' special!

Collings Family said...

That is so so cute!