Monday, April 20, 2009
Nursery! Nursery! Nursery!
Yesterday Monson went to Nursery for the 1st time. I never wa
nt my babies to grow up except for on Sundays - once they start walking I am counting down the weeks until they hit 18 months and get to go to Nursery. I thought I would be excited, but yesterday it was bitter sweet. I had to quickly drop him off because I was substituting in Primary, my heart ached as I slipped out the door - My baby is growing up!!! Of course it was smooth sailing for Monson. He loved every minute of it. Here's to the endless snack time of dipping gold fish in the water cups. The teachers got a kick out of him during the lesson. They were teaching about the role of a Prophet and asked if anyone knew who President Monson was? My little Monson raised his hand then proudly patted
his chest, as if saying I am Monson! So cute! Seems like just yesterday I was dropping McKenna off at Nursery and today she sang in Sacrament Meeting. I want to cherish every moment, but my heart hurts to think that my babies are growing up so fast.. I have decided there is no perfect age- each stage has so much to be enjoyed. Perhaps it's like chasing a butterfly, which when pursued is always beyond our grasp, but if you sit down quietly, may be watched and enjoyed. Yet, I still find myself wanting to Freeze Time. If there is one thing I have learned over the past nine years, there is no one way to be a perfect mom, but a million ways to be a good one and I am trying. I like the quote by Mary Graham: Grace means God accepts me just as I am. He does not require or insist that I measure up to someone else's standard of performance. He loves me completely, thoroughly, and perfectly. I want to reflect that same love to my children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
well said...I too have had that ache of motherhood, the same you've described. Oh, how time goes by - and so quickly! Thankful for cameras and journals.
You are such a good mom. A great example to many!
Cute! I am glad that everything went well for Maggie also. I thought of that sweet girl all day! I guess I was the only "sister" that knew about the surgery! So funny!
Monson started nursery yesterday. No way- he was just here at my house and I was snuggling on that cute little baby. WOW time flies.
Diana I love you and how you love your little ones. I wish that Skyler and Ryan had a mom that was more like you. I love them sooo much and I can't believe that they are growing up or at least I think that they are.
so bittersweet...but I agree, it is nice on Sundays to have everyone in their "place", isn't it?
The tank tops are AWE-SOME!!! Not even kidding. I even showed one to Mandy when Brooks was wearing it. He has worn one every day, thanks a bunch and tell the taylor thanks a million!!!! Cookies coming your way soon :)
Di,
I didn't know Monson was going to nursery, What kind of MeMe am I? Shame on you why didn't you let us know that McKenna was singing in sacrament, we would have been there. I love you,
Mom
Diana, I love to read your thoughts and feelings. I only wish I could sit by you and talk about life while the kids were running around playing. Maybe someday. I miss you!
Chris - I miss you too! Please come back to Utah, before all our kids are grown:)
Post a Comment